Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kiehl's Eye Alert - Skincare Diary

I don't have under eye circles like other people, but I think it's about time to start preventing those from  appearing on my face. This is the first product I bought for my eyebags/under eyes so I will not be able to compare it with other products. 

Please know that I bought this product for prevention - I may not be able to address your queries if it works for dark circles. 

This is from Kiehls men's line. :P 

Energy Booster to Combat Puffiness and Dark Circles
I like that it's in a tube. :)

I bought it because:
1. I liked the texture which is light when I tried the tester.
2. I like the packaging. (Yes, that has a serious impact on the things I buy, really.)


I use that much for both my under eye area.

TIPS:
- May be used day and night since it's easily absorbed by the skin.
- I use my ring finger to apply - lightly tap it under my eyes and gently swipe in a sideways motion towards my temples.

PROS:
- Easily absorbed, dries quickly.
- Light weight. Almost feels like gel.
- I like the packaging because it's easy to travel with and it's sanitary.
- A little goes a long way with this product. You only need half a pea size of it for both your under eye area/s.
- Product lasts months and may last up to a year.
- Has a mild cooling sensation which I like.
- Subtle cucumber-like scent. 


CONS:
- May seem to be a bit expensive (but it will really last for a long time.)

OVERALL:

I have been insomniac and nocturnal for as long as I can remember. I would not say that this has really improved my under eye area because I still see eyebags when I don't get sleep. I can't also say it helps prevents puffy eyes because I think my eyes were still swollen even after I used this when I cry. However, due to the cooling sensation it has it might help alleviate it although I haven't really noticed any difference. 

I would say however, that since I started using this product the lines under my eyes have been significantly reduced and the skin under my eyes doesn't get dry as much as it used to. So it really is a great moisturizer for under the eye area. We all know that we can't put normal moisturizers under our eyes because our skin is more sensitive on that area. 

I'm still on the fence with this product but will finish the whole tube. :)


Do you use a separate moisturizer for your under eye area too?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3