Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Benefit feelin' Cheeky!

I have previously used the Benefit's Posietint and High Beam. I know that these tints often get mixed reactions from different users depending on their preference, etc... I really liked both products but I don't want to purchase full sized bottles because I don't think I'll be able to finish it before the expiration date.

I was delighted when I saw that this set was being sold in a local online shop:


Benefit Cosmetics Feelin' Cheeky! Minis ($26 Value)

What it is: A travel-size set of Benefit's three bestselling cheek products: Benetint, Posietint, and High Beam. What it does: This trio features Benetint, for the sexiest flush you can get from a bottle; Posietint, which imparts a poppy-pink tint to brighten cheeks and lips; and High Beam luminescent complexion enhancer. This set contains: - 0.13 oz Posietint (poppy pink) - 0.13 oz High Beam (shimmering pale pink) - 0.13 oz Benetint (rose) - source


This set is a Sephora exclusive. 
If you have a local Sephora near you, I suggest you go check it out.

These are travel sized bottles - it's going to be easy to carry these around. :)

All come with brush tip applicators.


Swatched on NC30 skin. 
Not blended, yet benetint quickly blended well with my skin. 
Benetint has a very liquid-like consistency while Posietint is more milky-like and easier to blend.


PROS:
- A little goes a long way. If I am not mistaken a travel sized bottle will probably last me a year with constant use.
- Long lasting.
- Easy to blend - you can use your fingers.
- Did not break me out.
- Travel sized bottles are convenient to take along when traveling.
- High beam gives a lovely iridescent glow.
- Tints are perfect for summer. 

CONS:
- Can be a bit pricey.
- May be hard to find.
- Benefit and Posietint may get a bit streaky. It's best to quickly blend once applied on your skin.
- Benefit and Posietint stain your lips and cheeks - use a good makeup remover.

In comparison with other Korean products I have tried:

- Posietint is not flat and sort of has a Blue undertone to it. It looks more natural and gives skin the loveliest glow.
- Benefit gives a more natural flush on the cheeks when blended in and somewhat lighter than the other red tints.
- Highbeam gives an iridescent glow and is not loaded with shimmer/glitter particles unlike other highlighters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3