Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Summer Makeup Kit ☀

I live in a country with only two seasons, as I may have previously stated that in another post before. The current weather and heat  makes me think of going to the beach so I am under the impression that summer season has officially kicked off. (Excuse me for the long post. Do let me know if you hate seeing long posts, such as this.) 

These may seem to be a bit much to other people, but these are the things that I'd take along just to feel comfortable. There are items that I may not use and would just bring along just in case the need to arises for whatever may come my way.

What I think:
The "no makeup, makeup" look  - A little color to conceal imperfections and bring out the best features of the face is the way to go. A big no to heavy makeup and too much contouring (of course I'll say this as I don't know how to contour. :P ); no to glitters but shimmers that make the skin appear healthier is fine.

SUMMER MUST HAVES: 
1. Sunblock/sunscreens - This doesn't even need an explanation. Everyone knows that we need to protect our skin, especially during hot summer days.
2. Products with SPF - Extra protection is always good. There are foundations, bb creams and lip products that have spf - these products are perfect for summer.
3. Multi purpose products - One product for several uses. Makeup items that have added skincare benefits while making us look and feel good. :)

Paul & Joe  L'Horizon Bleu LE Summer  2011 Makeup Bag and Pouch.

Summer can make us dehydrated and harm our skin. I like to bring this and spray about one or two spritz; it to keep myself fresh. It does not ruin my makeup.
Some might want to skip foundation because we do not want foundation sliding off our face during hot summer days. I would recommend a tinted moisturizer or BB cream because both serve as skincare products.  
My favorite sun block! May be used as a makeup base and makes the skin matte.
I don't use this daily but in case I need to conceal something such as eyebags, pimple or pimple marks I keep this in my makeup bag.
Gives a healthy sheen on the lips without looking too fake. Also provides moisture to the lips.
6. Majolica Majorca Lash Kind in BK999
Gives doll-like eyelashes. I usually don't wear eye shadow on a daily basis. I just like to line my eyes and use a good mascara to lift up my lashes so that my eyes will still stand out.
Another lip gloss that provides moisture to the lips; gives a healthy sheen without looking fake nor covering the real color of the lips.
8. benefit ooh la lift
No one wants to look like a vampire with dark, big eyebags. This brightens and lights up the face without glitters or shimmers that look unnatural. I also use this to highlight my brow bones.
A bronzer that suits most skintones, plus two great blushes. What more can I ask for? It also has a very cute brush that's very travel friendly.
An eyeliner that stays put and doesn't budge - I use this for lining my eyes. As I previously stated, I usually just line my eyes and use a mascara. 
11. Majolica Majorca Brow Customize in Light Brown 
One end contains a slanted pencil for drawing or filling in eyebrows; while the other end contains a brow brush. It makes grooming brows easier!    
12. The Body Shop 13 Definer Shade in Burnished Amber 
In case I look sickly and want an extra pop of color, I use this on my waterline and as an eyeshadow. 
Gives a very healthy glow and looks very natural on my skin; serves as a blush and a lip tint and is water-proof. Perfect for the beach!
Gives a hint of Pink that looks healthy and natural on the lips, and has 10 SPF.

I have decided to add more items. Just to give more product choices; as you may find that these serve the same purposes as the products above do. And no, I don't carry all of these with me on a daily basis. 


Extra products that I may take or have in my makeup bag.

1. Etude House Aloha V-Line Slim Maker in #01 Sun Gold/ Wood Brown - another product that's dual purpose.
2. Lunasol Skin Contrast Face Powder 01 Glow - Just in case I want to set my makeup.
3.Kanebo Freshel Cover Concealer - Contains a concealer, pore cover and highlight.
4. benefit highbeam - for night outs. to highlight above my cheekbones.
5. benefit posietint - another tint that has a lovely pink color.
6. benefit benetint - a cult favorite. looks natural and stays put once applied.
7. Maybelline Long Extreme Stiletto Waterproof in Black - contains fibers. waterproof.
8. Neutrogena Fine Fairness BB Cream - to even out skintone. has added spf.
9. Caudalie Beauty Elixir  - I use this to freshen up in the middle of the day.
10. Physcians Formula  2 in 1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Ultra Black - waterproof. one of the blackest eyeliners I have used.
11. Tony Moly Perfect Eyes Eyeliner in 09 Tear Beige - for that extra pop of color to brighten the eyes.
12. Secret D'Or Eye Gloss Duo in 01 - just in case I need to look more polished or made up. 
13. Majolica Majorca Jeweling Pencil in 71 - same as with the other eye pencils.
14. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Zero - for tightlining.


For Tools or makeup brushes, I bring multi-taskers such as these two brushes below:

BECCA Professional Brush 58 - Foundation and Concealer Brush (Review coming up soon!)
My new favorite brush. The bullet tip allows precise application for small areas such as the side of the nose and under the eyes. May be used for both liquid and cream products. 

May also be used for liquid and cream products! This is one of my all time favorite brushes.

You don't need to have the exact products for your makeup bag. I hope this post will be helpful to those who want to organize their makeup kits for summer.
I have linked previous product reviews. If there are any products that you are curious about which I may have featured in this post please leave a comment below.

What are your summer beauty kit essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3