Thursday, March 15, 2012

Neutrogena Fine Fairness BB Cream

I have a love and hate relationship with most of the BB creams I have ever owned - I like to buy them and find myself hating after I have tried them for a couple of times or so. I guess I have always been more of a foundation kind of person, although I have decided to try out tinted moisturizers and BB creams once again. 
The BB cream craze is still going strong, it's been so popular that even western brands have decided to make their own version. Popular brands such as Bobbi Brown, MAC and Clinique have come up with their own respective BB creams. I was delighted to find out that Neutrogena, a trusted skincare brand has also launched its own BB cream. 
I was obviously delighted at the thought of not spending so much to try a product I might not like at all, because, it's still a BB cream and I wouldn't want to spend too much on a product that may end up untouched and unloved on my dresser. Thankfully however, that was not the case with this BB cream.

Product Information NEUTROGENA Fine Fairness BB Cream UV is a multi-benefit whitening moisturiser thatcorrects dullness and uneven skin tone for a fairer, natural-looking healthy glow. Workingfrom within, its unique lightweight formula contains Neutrogenas HealthyWhite Complexwith Lily and Vitamin C to help inhibit melanin production, which causes pigmentation andskin dullness. It instantly brightens skin with customised skin-matching illuminating mineralsand protects skin by shielding it from darkening UV rays and environmental aggressors.


Comes in a white bottle with a silver cap. The bottle has substantial weight, but is not too heavy; this will be easy to bring or toss inside the bag. However, the white bottle has no indicator of how much product is left inside.

Thank goodness for a hygienic pump bottle - the pump is ok. Just press gently and it will dispense the right amount of product.

1. swatch; 2. partially blended ; 3. blended

Coverage - Light to medium. The coverage is build-able. You may layer the BB cream. If you watch my tutorial, you will see that I have layered the BB cream 3 times using 3 different methods of application.
It will even out uneven skin tone, but problem areas which need more coverage might not be concealed with the use of this BB cream alone.

Scent - I detect a slight floral smell from this BB cream which does not bother me.

Finish - Semi-dewy. Not as dewy as some products are because those products tend to make one look like a grease ball come midday.

Price - AT 720.00 Php for the skincare benefits, plus added UV protection and a makeup base all in one. I'd say it's definitely a great buy!

Lasting Power - Decent. I'd say around 5-6 hours on my oily skin.



Comparison as to consistency - BB cream, Tinted moisturizer and Foundation.

Texture - All products are smooth and silky to the touch. 

Consistency - The tinted moisturizer still has the lights formula and the BB cream and Foundation almost have the same consistency, although the BB cream would still have the thickest consistency of the 3 products. I would however like to point out that compared to other BB creams I have tried this one is very light weight. 

Partially blended.
Application - All are easy to spread, blend and work with. All three products also apply evenly.

I have been asked again and again to make a makeup tutorial. This is my first makeup tutorial and I hope you somewhat find it useful. You don't have to follow the exact routine because you can devise your makeup application according to what suits you. Also, you can use other products. 

FOTD with Neutrogena Fine Fairness BB cream

What's your favorite BB cream?

I won the BB cream from Argie and Neutrogena's giveaway on The Beauty Bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3