Sunday, November 13, 2011

Urban Decay Lipstick in Sellout

Urban Decay - A brand I adore but can't get my hands on as often as I would like because it's not available in my country. :(
Thank you to my dear friend who also sent me this lipstick! :) I trust her taste completely when it comes to makeup. :D I'm shipping a package to her today. I hope she likes everything I got for her too!

Decadently creamy, long-lasting color, a wide variety of textures, and a sweet lick of crème caramel... our Lipstick is a weapon of love.



Leaving no shade unturned, our huge assortment of colors and textures tempt you to stray from an otherwise predicable palette. The luxuriously creamy formula nourishes and protects lips with Vitamins A, C, and E. Hyaluronic Spheres (found naturally in the body) are added to stimulate cellular function, prevent dehydration, and fill-in lines and wrinkles-now, how many Lipsticks can do that?! The teardrop-shape bullet (etched with an Urban Decay logo) is infused with a decadent crème caramel scent and flavor. Yum.  (Description from Urban Decay's website)


The tube is metallic and purple. I do like it, but I find the sword a bit bothersome, a bit sharp even. I couldn't give this to my cute little niece because I was afraid she'd poke her eye out if I did. 



 The Urban Decay site describes it as warm neutral. 
I wouldn't say it's neutral, although I would have to agree that it is warm. It's more of a MLBB kind of color in my opinion. The color is brick red when swatched and a bit berry-like on my lips as can be seen from the pictures below. 

Swatch 1.
The color is wearable and will look great for everyday looks.

Swatch 2.

PROS: 
- Moisturizing.
- Love the color of this lipstick. It's great for everyday use.
- Can be layered.
- Goes on smoothly. The texture is very creamy.

CONS:
- As much as I would love to say that I love this lipstick to bits. It has a weird taste! Yes, it does! It's bitter and reminds me of the medicine I didn't want to take as a child. If you are not particular on the taste of lipsticks then this lipstick is for you.
- As I have previously mentioned, it is not available in my country.
- Urban Decay is not cheap.

Not sure on:
- Cute tube packaging
- Lasting Power which is only up to 3 hours on me. 
- Scent - It smells very sweet. 

I knew readers would ask for a FOTD with the products that I have posted reviews on, so I did one last week with all the products on my face. 

Products Used:

FACE:
Kose Sekkisei Supreme Makeup Base

EYES:
Paul and Joe Eyebrow Powder in 02
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cottage Cheese
Urban Decay 24/7 in Zero
Maybelline Long Extreme Stiletto Black

LIPS:
Urban Decay Lipstick in Sellout

After 10 hours, 2 meetings, 3 days with only less than 10 hours of sleep I say, "Hullow eyebags!" Hopefully, I'll still be busy this week. :P I don't mind tons of work at al,l and I'm not being sarcastic. I mean, I like earning because I enjoy spending what I've earned the most! LOL! x)

Have a great week everyone! :3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3