Sunday, November 13, 2011

Korres Lip Butter in Guava

I've always been curious about Korres as I have read nothing but raves on their products. I have been particularly interested in their Lip Butters because I have uber dry and chapped lips. Thankfully, my very pretty friend also sent me a this. YAYYYY!!!! xD


I did ask for guava because I wanted something that I was familiar too. I also prefer untinted or clear lip butters and balms so I can wear a gloss or a lipstick over it. Lip balms have been a part of my skincare since my lips are very dry. I apply it before I go to bed and after I wash my face when I wake up. 

No harmful chemicals. 

It smells very tropical. Very much like guavas, I believe but not the sour tasting ones. The scent is rather mild and wouldn't really bother you. It also dissipates after a while and does not linger. I was expecting it to taste like guava, but it does not have any weird taste. 
The texture is very creamy, almost like softened butter but not to the point that it's messy. A little amount goes a long way with this product. It goes on with a sheen but does not feel greasy nor heavy at all. After a few minutes it will settle in, making the lips appear fuller and healthier.

I like this plastic pot! It does not feel cheap at all. I have a feeling that it will last me for months. It's quickly making its way on the list of my "must have" and favorite products.

I either use a cotton bud/q-tip, or my fingers when I am being extra lazy. I would have to warn everyone that you should make sure your fingers are clean when you do so, as you wouldn't want to contaminate the whole pot with germs. (Notice: This is one of the few instances where I won't complain that a product that comes in a pot/jar. :P)

The only downside once again is the price which others may find a bit expensive. Thankfully, I didn't have to pay for this, not that I would either because this is a great product! It might also be hard to acquire such in my case because I live in a country that doesn't have a Sephora branch.

With all of that said, I would still say that the moisturizing effect is still not lasting. True, it keeps my lips moisturized when I apply it but when I skip application. My lips revert to their original dry state. I suppose lip butters/ lip balms should always be a part of my beauty regimen. I do hope that this will help my dry lips in the long run.

Do you prefer clear or colored lip balms?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3