Tony Moly Backstage Eyeliner - Brown
I decided to try a dark brown eyeliner instead of the usual black because I heard that brown liners looks softer and less sharp than black liners do.
Not a fan of the packaging though. I find the cap a little bulky and would have preferred a product that comes with a separate applicator.
The brush is ok, this may not be the best applicator, but it's free and even if there are many better brushes this one can also draw a line. The only thing is the tip is a bit thick and and you may not be able to make a precise or a thin line with it.
The consistency and pigmentation surprised me, it's really creamy and goes on smoothly. For the price, it's definitely worth it. It also doesn't form chunks nor does it transfer and budge once it dries. As you will see from the swatches below this eyeliner is also very opaque.
Swiped once with the brush above. As you can see, the lines are rather thick however both lines are also very visible and the color is pigmented.
- Creamy and goes on smoothly.
- Long lasting.
- May be hard to get outside Asia.
- Will report back if this dries up.
- The consistency is a bit runny, which I actually prefer; but other people may want their gel liners to be a bit more dry for a more precise application.
- Close the lid tightly as gel liners may dry a bit quickly and will become chunky and troublesome to apply.
- Use a different eye liner brush for a precise line.
- This may be used as a base for a smokey eye.
For actual eyeliner application photos. Please refer to the photos in previous and upcoming FOTDs.
Have a great weekend everyone! Thanks for reading! :)
Do you prefer gel, cream, liquid or pencil eyeliners?