Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in 055 Cupcake

I just had to pick up one... After watching and reading so many positive reviews about Revlon's Lip Butters I knew I just had to try it, so I randomly picked up a shade of Pink I do not yet have. 

Lip Butters entice me! Anything that would provide moisture and keep my dry lips from chapping/ cracking excite me.

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter 
055 Cupcake

The packaging is quite similar to the Colorburst lipsticks. The caps however have a similar to the shade of lip butter inside. 

Price - Around 500++ Php.
I believe that it is rather expensive for a drugstore brand.



The lip butter itself is slanted and can be easily applied on the go. 

Candy Pink with Purple/Blue undertones.


Texture: Creamy. Goes on easily, but I wouldn't say that it's that buttery. Yes, it is soft but there's still something lacking. I find that while it does not completely dry my lips; it also fails to provide enough moisture to keep it from cracking. I still have to apply a balm underneath, which I believe totally defeats the purpose of the lip butter as it is supposed to be something between a lipstick and a lip balm.

I am not crazy of its texture on the lips as it feels rather gooey; but maybe that's just me. I am not a fan of sticky lip glosses after all.

Pigmentation: I am under the impression that different shades may vary in color payoff. This one is rather sheer but is buildable. The color payoff is better than most lip balms but is still not as great or as pigmented as a lipstick.


Lasting Power: Not great. It's a lip butter and not a lipstick after all. One needs to constantly re-apply this from time to time.

Finish: Frosty. Shiny. Not really shimmery as lip glosses or lip butters, but it still has a sheen to it.
As you can see from the picture, it does not apply evenly. It takes several swipes to achieve the color above and still I can see some areas that seem to be bare.

I have tried mixing this with other lip products and it didn't seem to work very well. :/

Re-purchase? Most likely not, unless I see a color or shade that I really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3