Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kanebo Lunasol - 3 Dimensional Eye Shadow in EX01 Tender Glow Beige Brown

This is a continuation of my post here. This is the (Quad) Eyeshadow Palette that comes in the Lunasol 2011 Holiday set.

 3 Dimensional Eye Shadow in EX01 Tender Glow Beige Brown

Thoughts:
  • The colors on this quad are perfect for everyday use; And, is great for nigh time smokey eyes.
  • Shadows are soft and creamy. They're easy to work with.
  • All the colors blend and compliment each other.
  • Shadows may contain shimmers but the shimmers are not chunks of glitter so it won't bother you.
  • Elegant packaging is always a plus.
  • Applicators actually work with the product.
  • Eyeshadows may be used on their own for a more subtle look. The lighter colors may seem a bit sheer but the the colors are buildable.


I love this eyeshadow quad! I think I won't be buying eyeshadows anymore. (Yeah, right... :/ )

I labeled the swatches below for your reference.

As you can see from the swatches there are several finishes to the eyeshadows. The lighest one being the most shimmery is great for highlighting the inner eye corners and can be used on top of eyeshadow for that extra pop of shimmer.
The darkest one is great for lining the water line as it won't look as harsh as a regular eyeliner does. I also use it to soften my eyeliner. No. 2 and 3 have an iridescent glow and are perfect for highlighting and as a base. 
All the other eyecolors are great too. I normally use 4 and 5 for my crease. 6 and 7 are great colors for contouring the eyes. 
swatched again with eyeshadow primer to give you an idea of what the colors look like. 

These colors are very neutral and the finish it gives is beautiful and elegant. It seems like it won't give you room for errors in the application. I am very impressed with the quality of these eyeshadows. I highly recommend this to those who like neutrals and want to invest in a good neutral palette. 

Lunasol is more of a high end brand so getting this is a set was a steal! :) With that said, even if purchased on its own, this eyeshadow palette would still be worth its price.

Do you prefer neutrals over colorful eyeshadow looks? 


1 comment:

Another Late Bloomer said...

This quad looks really great but that's because I love browns~! (Even my favorite ink color is brown hahaha.)

Your posts make me look forward to seeing their holiday sets. I have plenty of time to save up for one XD

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3