Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate - skincare diary




My first experience with Kiehl's

Some years ago when Kiehl's was not yet available in the Philippines I went crazy and hoarded bought 6 lip balms and items from their Yerba Mate Tea Line in Hongkong. Having read so many positive feedback on Kiehl's products then; I decided to join the bandwagon and try a bit of everything. Sadly, the highly raved about lip balms did nothing for me and the Yerba Mate Tea broke me out. This has led me to believe that Kiehl's was not a brand that worked for my skin so I never visited nor tried their products again...

Fast forward 2010-2011...

Through blogging and the Youtube community, I kept hearing about  "Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Serum".



One night. Two drops. Younger-looking skin by morning.


• Lightweight, overnight treatment.
• Regenerates, repairs, and replenishes skin for a smoother, healthier skin.
• Works with the skin’s natural nocturnal activity when skin is most receptive to repairing itself from daily aggressors to dramatically restore skin.
• 99.8% naturally-derived and paraben-free.
• Kiehl’s Insider Tip: Layer over Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate for optimal anti-aging and healthier skin benefits.


RECOMMENDED FOR: 
All skin types.

APPLICATION: 
Apply 2-3 drops on clean skin. Gently press fingertips to cheeks, forehead, and chin to evenly distribute the application before gently massaging it into the skin. Can be worn alone or under moisturizer. 

INGREDIENTS:
Caprilic/Capric Triglyceride, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Squalane, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Oenothera Biennis Oil/Evening Primrose Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Seed Oil, Tocopherol, lavandula Angustifolia Oil/Lavender Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Linalool, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil/Rosemary Leaf Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Lavendula Hybrida Oil, Cucumis Sativus Extract/Cucumber Fruit Extract, Curcuma Longa Extract/Tumeric Root Extract, Limonene, Citral, Sclareolide, Rosa Spp/Rose Flower Oil, Jasminum Officinale Extract/Jasmine Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seel Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Fmla 685449/18 Code F.I.L.:D39273/5



Could it be true? I wondered. Lately been convinced that my skin has been more dull and I have started to see wrinkles forming on different parts of my face. My skin is combination mostly oily for your reference. Due to my allergic reaction to mango rashes have also appeared on my face. I was convinced my skin needed help FAST!!!

Still having a few reservations about purchasing from a brand that previously didn't work for me, I asked for a sample at their store in Greenbelt 5. The SA who assisted me was very kind and even gave me another another sample product from their Ultimate White range.

I was skeptical but I tried it and hoped for the best....

During my first week of use my allergies have diminished and my skin's appearance has improved. My face would no longer itch as badly as it used to and the scars that were left from my allergies were quickly healed.

My sister then spilled the sample and I knew I had no other choice but to buy the whole bottle because at that point I knew I loved the product!

Now, this may not seem cheap at 2,880 Php around $65 more or less. I would however like to point out that you only need 2 drops for the whole face. Only 2 drops! 3-4 when applied on the neck and please note that my neck is rather long so it may vary from person to person. :P



APPLICATION:

I have two ways of applying this, the first one I learned from the SA. She told me to use the dropper and dispense 2 drops on my middle and index finger respectively, lightly or gently tap it on my forehead chin and cheeks then distribute it on my whole face using gentle patting motions. - This is the ideal and best way to do it. 

The 2nd application technique I learned from another blog. The blogger says she dispenses 2-3 drops on her palm. Rubs her palms together then pats it all over her face. According to her the product still gets absorbed by the face and the amount is enough because the formula is very concentrated. - I do this when I am lazy and it works just as well.

I have read other negative comments about this product. I think that some users may have not properly followed the directions.. :/ I do agree that the product is very concentrated so it is best to use it sparingly. Don't forget to follow the directions included in the box. :P The directions are there for a reason. LOL! Please be guided accordingly.

As was previously stated, the product is concentrated and is mostly composed of oils, yet it did not make my skin oily. It is quickly absorbed by the skin. Some products tend to just sit on the skin and aren't suitable for layering while this can be used over serums/essences and under moisturizers. So it's definitely is a fantastic product because it can be used in conjunction with other skin care items.

Based on my experience I can attest that the product does work and lives up to the hype!
My skin nowadays is a bit more radiant. My pores don't look as enormous as they did before I used this and my skin is just softer and looks healthier - It's just so soft and supple. :3 (I sound like a conceited moron, don't I? Tsk, tsk.. LOL!) Our "manicurista" (manicurist) has remarked that my skin was glowing and rosy when she saw me this afternoon - that was before I even washed my face. :P



Packaging - Is simple and reminiscent of old medicine bottles. It is not bulky and the dispenser/dropper works well as it prevents spillage. (Kat said the bottle looks like a potion bottle. I agree! It does kind of look like a magical potion or elixir.)

Prize - Definitely worth it! As I previously mentioned, only 2-3 drops is enough so this bottle will last months... I don't know how long though since I have only used it for about a month.

Color - clear.

Texture - Some people say that this is greasy. I beg to differ and I find it light weight. I have used other oil based products before and those take forever to get absorbed by the skin. Actually those products just sit there and make me oilier in the morning while this gets absorbed in a few minutes and feels like I didn't put anything on my skin.

Smell - The subtle lavender scent is so relaxing and ever so soothing to the senses. :3

Repurchase - YES! I definitely will but it seems this bottle will last a long time. (I recently caught my sister using this. It was too funny! LOL! She was dotting it all over her face using her index finger.)

If you are curious about this product and want to try it, I recommend that you first ask for a sample to see if it will work on your skin. Please be reminded that we all have different skin types - this may be suited or not suited for you. Kiehl's SA's are very friendly and are generous in giving out samples. I believe this is because they trust that people will like their product and will come back to repurchase like I did. :)

I am starting to love the Kiehl's Ultimate White Brightening Essence. I think I may have to visit them soon and purchase it too. It's rather too early to tell if it's working or not but I really like the scent. :P

This has rekindled my love for this brand, although I still will be staying away from their lip balms and anything from their Yerba Mate Line I would like to try their other products.

Have you tried anything from Kiehl's? Do you like/love/hate any of their products? Share your thoughts!

Minakichu has a great review of this product HERE too. (:
Here's another great review by LoveSweetCrystal.

PS - My camera's battery charger is missing! >o<" I don't know where it is... All the images are from Google. No copyright infringement intended.


- MisoJenny sent me Kiehl lip balms and I love the smell. I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3