Sunday, May 16, 2010

Open shoots ^-^

I wonder why no one ever blogs about open shoots? O.o


There will be two open shoots that I am aware of which will be next week. I will provide links to the links below. Please feel free to check and register if you feel that you want to. Errr no, I'm not being paid to post about this. I just think that going to an open shoot is a fun experience and everyone deserves to be pampered once in awhile. ^-^


So the first question is, "What is an open shoot?"

- Ok, so I googled it and apparently no one has ever came up with a definition for an open shoot. O.O
If you'll ask me, I would say that an open shoot is just like any shoot wherein a person will be primed, made up and shot as if that person was a model. The photographer, MUAs (makeup artists, hair stylists, etc) showcase their talents by making that person appear and feel like a model for a certain fee. (Corrections to the definition given are more than welcome.) Please feel to correct me if I came up with the wrong impression of what an open shoot is.

So, what is the purpose of the "open shoot"?

- I suppose those who are modelling free lance get their photos taken to build their portfolios.
- For those who are not in the modeling business, it doesn't hurt to have gorgeous high fashion pictures for our FB's and blogs does it? :)
- It's fun and one gets to experience how a shoot is more or less done.

How much will I spend?

- It depends. Hmmm... I suppose it would be safe to say that it will cost around Php 700-1,500. Depending on the number of photos, photographer and the concept. Yes - it depends on who the photographer is - a more popular photographer will charge higher than one who is just starting out.

What does concept mean in an open shoot?

- All open shoots have concepts. It's like the theme of what the shoot is about so more or less, one will end up looking like the photos of the sample shots showcased or shown in the photographers test shots. ^-^

My take on open shoots:

It's really fun! Most of the times the people one meets are really friendly and professional. They'd pamper and make you beautiful, glamorous and HOT! So, I'd say go for it. LOL! I'm sorry if all the adjectives I used are more on the feminine side but I rarely see guys in open shoots. :D Plus, it doesn't hurt to have a really fashionable and uber cool pictures for FB profiles and blogs, right? Most of the photographers who have these open shoots charge a much higher rate on a normal business day so one has to grab the chance of experiencing it while it is offered for a cheaper price.

The one thing that I really like about this open shoots is, there is no discrimination whatsoever as to their models/costumers/patrons. Anyone is welcome to come. No matter what one's age, race, or status in life is. ^_~


So here are the two links I promised:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=174189&id=627313395 - Lestha1's "Le PROFESSIONNEL" s


http://mjcachero.multiply.com/photos/album/494/GOTHIC_SERIES_an_openshoot..REGISTER_NOW..  - Mj Cachero's "Gothic Series"


A teaser of Lestha1's Le PROFESSIONNEL.


Feel free to ask questions and I will try my best to answer the questions if I can. :3


Sugar ^-^

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you that Open Shoots are a great way for models (or women who are trying to get going in the modeling biz) to get shots to use for their portfolio, as well as to network with other people and make friends and have a good time as well. I saw photos you posted from one of the open shoots you and your sister participated in, and they were great, and you both looked like you had a great time.

sugar sugar said...

Thank you Sakie and Thomas. We sure did! :)

sugar sugar said...

I agree with you that Open Shoots are a great way for models (or women who are trying to get going in the modeling biz) to get shots to use for their portfolio, as well as to network with other people and make friends and have a good time as well. I saw photos you posted from one of the open shoots you and your sister participated in, and they were great, and you both looked like you had a great time.

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3