Tuesday, March 1, 2011

NOTD - my first attempt at fimo nail art + tutorial :3

Before you scroll down I just want everyone to know that I'm a noob  at nail art and have no prior experience. I just bought fimo sticks because I thought they were cute. :p And since I already had fimo sticks I thought I ought to put them into good use.

So here's what I did....


These are the nail polishes I used. 
All of the polishes are from Etude House, the brown one is from their matte line, the sparkly-glittery green one is from their LuciDarling collection and I used the Jelly Pop to bind the fimo slices on my nails as well as to coat my nails.


Random fimo slices. 
I got the fimo sticks from Onestop Kikayshop - the seller ships internationally. :) She's also very helpful & replies to questions within a day. Of course I just to ask her a lot of questions. LOL!


I used a blade to cut the fimo sticks. :) The seller recommended that I use a blade because it will give thinner fimo slices. Next time I think I'll use a scalpel. x)


These are some of the fimo slices I used.


This is what I ended up with.

1. I used matte brown for the lower half of my nails.
2. I painted the upper half with the sparkly green polish.
3. I put clear nail polish (Jelly Pop) on the areas I wanted to stick the fimo slices into.
4. I put the fimo slices one by one. As you may notice from the picture I did not follow any pattern. I just stuck the fimos everywhere. x) 
5. Then used the Jelly Pop as top coat. 

I wonder how long the fimo slices will last? LOL!

Do you also like nail art? If you have any tips on nail art please share! ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3