Thursday, December 1, 2011

benefit dandelion

Benefit says, "Finely spun with delicate mauves and pinks, this exquisite brightening face powder leaves a petal like finish."
I just love Pink blushes for December! I live in a tropical country that doesn't have snow nor winter. However, I still want to get the glow that girls have when they've just been exposed to cold winter air. 

Confession - I haven't used it as a brightening face powder as I have been using it as a blush. Although it seems to make my complexion brighter because it gives such a pretty glow on my cheeks.


Comes in a box with a lot of product inside. I have yet to hit the pan of any blusher and I don't think I'll ever see the pan of this one either.

I usually rant about applicators that come with the product but this brush really works with the blush! :) It is not scratchy and picks up a decent amount every time I swipe it on the blush. It is also very compact and pretty. 

While I am not a fan of boxes and paper packaging I find this box sturdy and cute. :)

Note: Under direct sunlight. This appears a bit more peach than it is in real life. The blush has no glitters/shimmers it is a matte blush. (I FINALLYhave a matte blush!)


Pale powder pink with a hint of peach and purple or mauve tones.  


The blush has a very delicate feminine like scent which does not bother me. If anything, it reminds me of L'Occitane skincare products.

Other reviews say that this blush has weak pigmentation but I disagree with the opinion of the majority. :P It can be built with several layers and does show up on me so I wouldn't say that the pigmentation is weak. I have used other blushes with weaker pigmentation. Just use the brush that comes with the product and you will be fine - pack the product in the blush and apply several layers as you would with Japanese blushes. You may want to use another product for buffing and blending. 

These are the only CONS I can think of:
- Packaging may be a bit bulky.
- Pricey. (Keep in mind that there is a lot of blush inside the box. I believe this contains more product than most blushes out there.)
- May not work for ladies with darker skin tones.


Wearing benefit dandelion. Sorry, the flash washed out the colors in the picture. >.<

FACE:
Kose Sekkisei Supreme Makeup Base
Kose Supreme in OC-405
Benefit Erase Paste
Benefit Dandelion


EYES:
Smashbox Brow Tech Trio in Taupe/Soft Brown
Benefit Stay don't stray
Lancome Ombre Absolue Duo in Velvet Corail
Clio Waterproof Eyeliner Kill Black 
Daiso False Eyelashes
Majolica Majorca Jeweling Pencil in 71 


LIPS:
Lunasol FUll Glamour Lips G in 33



Here's another picture. :) I was supposed to attend the Benefit launch but got stuck in heavy traffic a few times.. Sigh. -_- And yes, I still think it brightens up my complexion! :)

Benefit will soon open it's first branch in Greenbelt! YAY! We can all experience and buy Benefit cosmetics very soon! I'm excited and I hope I can go to the opening.



UPDATE:
I still have loads of Benefit products to review. Sorry I have been very busy lately. I will try to catch up with posting and commenting this weekend. If I fail to do so, please know that I am indeed very busy, because I'm trying to save money so I can have a giveaway for new year. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3