Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Etude House - Nymph AURA Volumer in #1 Pure Nymph Aura

Nymph AURA Volumer in #1 Pure Nymph Aura
Description from Etude House: Multi Cream maximizing the radiance and dewy glow on skin, completing flawless skin with plumped up moisture. 


- Comes in a white plastic bottle with a very cute cap.
- The pump is convinient and easy to use. Be wary that it might dispense too much if pressed too hard - Press gently to avoid wasting the product!


I will mix it with Paul & Joe's Protective Fluid Foundation N in 30.

Directions: Mix with 1 drop/part with every 2 drops of foundation or BB cream.
You may add more or less according to your preference. I will be using more since I want everyone to see the effect/look it produces. 

Using this stippling brush from the Etude House, I will combine and mix the products. You may use your hand or a sponge.

Mix well then Apply and distribute evenly on skin.

Color: Peach but goes on translucent. 
It is more subtle - looks more natural than #2. I would recommend girls with medium to darker skin tones choose this because it won't give a chalky or ashy finish and would blend perfectly on your skin.

Texture: The texture surprised me. It is gel-like and sticky. It feels like a thick lip gloss and tends to just sit on top of the skin for a while. Once it settles it will make the skin smoother.

Scent: Has a very faint scent which smells like Etude House's other skincare products.

Finish: Gives a dewy finish. 
- at first it may resemble the look you will get when you apply Vicks/petroleum jelly over your skin, but once it settles,  it will start to look more natural and dewy. (Think you just stepped out the shower and your skin is still moist.)

Lasting Power: The shine/shimmer it gives will last around 3 hours on me since I have very oily skin. For those with normal or dry skin it might last a bit longer.

Price: Around 700++Php


Swatch. 
Paul & Joe's Protective Fluid + Nymph Aura Volumer

It can also be used as a highlighter or layered with other products.

Swatch on bare skin.



There's a long list of foundations and bb creams that claim to give a dewy finish. I suppose most ladies like me want a luminous and glowing finish that would make skin appear healthier. As such, I was really looking forward to trying this product and I actually wanted to like it but I'm still on the fence with it right now. Perhaps my mind will change after I get used to the texture which I'm not really very fond of. 

I prefer the Etude House's method of mixing it with a bb cream or a foundation rather than using it as a highlight over those products. It does take quite a while for the skin to absorb the product if used as a highlighter.

Note that it tends to highlight skin imperfections such as large pores; after all, it is somewhat of a highlighter that can be used together with a makeup base. The glow or shimmer it produces is quite different from that which I am used to as it makes the skin look moist and wet. I would say that this is perfect for countries with colder weather as it can give the impression of nice-glowing skin without glitters! Unlike other Korean highlighters which I have tried in the past, the shimmers of the Nymph Aura Volumer are hardly visible and will just cast a luminous appearance once applied.

It's not really a bad deal for the price. Especially if you are just starting out or experimenting with highlighters. It is far better than other highlighters on the market but I have tried better ones. But then again, this product isn't being advertised as a highlighter, it supposed to be something a bit different. Maybe the novelty will be the selling point of the item. 

I would like to point out though that I don't regret the purchase and think that I shall be using more of the product when I'll be indoors in an air-conditioned room. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3