Thursday, May 19, 2011

Kiehl’s Ultimate White Intensive Whitening Essence - skincare diary


Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions - Intensive Whitening Essence.

I  tried to look for this at Kiehl's site and couldn't find it so I asked if this was an Asia exclusive product. Kiehl's Philippines informed me through their Facebook account that this was known as The Dermatologist Solutions Ultimate White in the US, and is also known as the Photo Age Corrector.

With a lightweight texture that dissolves quickly & deeply into skin Formulated with powerful whitening actives Remarkably reduces over-production of melanin & other skin impurities Minimizes appearance of dark spots & pigmentation Reveals a brighter, whitened & more transparent complexion. (source)




I like the cap because it's hygenic. The pump also dispenses the right amount of product. :)

1. Swatch.
2. Lightly patted and spread on.
3. Done! :3

APPLICATION: 

AM - I apply this before I put on Dr. Young Sprinkling Gel Cream (moisturizer) then proceed to applying on sunblock and makeup.
PM - I apply this before I put on Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate I then use L'Occitane Divine Cream and massage and pat everything until it is absorbed.

PROS:

- Light weight and non-sticky. 
- Easily absorbed by the skin.
- Can be used in conjunction with other products.
- OMG I love the scent! It smells so fresh.. Like citruses with a tinge of cinnamon..? (Please correct me if I am wrong.)
- Love the packaging! - the pump + the cap is amazing and hygienic.
- Instant brightening effect after the application.
- Your skin will look fresh and you will also feel fresh because of the scent. :p

CONS:

- Might be expensive to some.
- An extra step to skincare so not recommended for lazy people out there. 


CONCLUSION:

I actually bought this product because I loved the scent. I was previously given a sample of this when I purchased from Kiehl's and I knew I just had to get this. The texture is light weight and it easily gets absorbed by the skin upon application. It makes my skin smoother & hydrated. Moreover, it instantly gives a brightening & radiant glow!

Sticky and heavy skincare products are definitely a big NO-NO for the summer season so I have to say that this is perfect for the weather we have here in the Philippines. 

I wouldn't say that this product has whitening properties as I do not see any difference in my skin tone although it does seem to effectively lessen scaring and pigmentation. So overall I would say that this is a good product! And, I love it!!! <3 (Yes, it must be the scent but I still love it!)


Would you use heavy creams and skincare products for summer?
Do you also use a serum or an essence? 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3