Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Casa Roces - Food Glorious Food!!! :D

I drove past Aguado Street a week or so ago and saw a beautiful well-lighted mansion which immediately arose my curiosity. The parking was full of cars - a good sign. I immediately googled it when I got home and found out that it was a restaurant. I made a mental note to eat there soon...



We were seated in the waiting area because we did not have reservations. Casa Roces accepts walk-in diners like us, YAY! :)
I do recommend that you make reservations, especially if you're coming in at peak hours. 

Sopa Molo Castillana 185Php

Pinakbet with Vigan Bagnet 195Php 

Pork Stew Binagoongan 265Php

Callos ala Abolita 260Php

Fettuccine with Bleu Cheese and Roasted Mushrooms 185Php

Lengua in Mushroom-Cognac Sauce 330Php (Not included in the pictures.)

NOTE: My family is really uncooperative when taking food pictures; even most of my friends are.:(

We went to the patio for coffee and dessert. :)




 Chocolate Pastillas Cake 150Php

Dulce de Leche 110Php

I asked the staff if I could take pictures and they were all cooperative and nice about it. Plus points in my book! :)

The place sort of reminds me of my great grand mother's house in Jaen, Nueva Ecijia. An old spanish house that has been stylishly remodeled to cater to the needs of the diners whilst retaining the air of the old fashioned Spanish mansion.

One can order cakes and sandwiches to go here. 

Random photos:





The place was bustling with diners, though I tried not to get any of them in the pictures. Next time, I shall take pictures of the 2nd floor.

All prices have been stated for your reference. :) We think that the prize is fair for the quality of the food. It is not as expensive as other places but is still not the cheapest. But then again that would depend on one's discretion on how much she/he is willing to spend for food. I still say it's worth it! :P

I really liked everything we had except for the Pinakbet. Everything was tender, rich and seasoned and cooked just right; not overly done so, unlike in some restaurants which I will no longer mention. The pinakbet's vegetables were cooked to perfection, but tasted a bit different from what I have gotten used to. 

Overall, I enjoyed the dining at Casa Roces. I will be back very soon, like maybe tomorrow or the weekend, or maybe as much as I frequent Mr. Kebab. I have to try their Crispy Lengua Salad, Grilled Pork Ribs, Laguna Cheesecake and Malacanan Frozen Souffle. 

We got there by walking, LOL! They do have valet parking so do not fret. We just preferred to walk since it's very near where I live. 

  • Casa Roces
  • 1153 JP Laurel cor Aguado St. San Miguel
  • Manila, Philippines

Tel. No. 735-5896

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3