I ordered the 120 1st edition eyeshadow palette from Sedona Lace last July or August I think, because I was reading as well as hearing a lot of raves about it among bloggers and youtube gurus.
First of all as you might have noticed from my previous posts, I am not much of an eyeshadow person. I mean, I usually don't wear eyeshadow on a daiy basis. However, they had an amazing deal which I found irresistible and just found myself buying the palette. Plus, the colors IMO were amazing. The palette had marble colored eye shadows which I was really curious about.
I do have eyeshadows even if I don't use them that much. Some brands that I use are Smashbox, Guerlain, MAC, Maybelline, etc. which I usually pile on my dresser.
I think it took a month for it to get here and I blame it on the Philippine customs because they always take extremely long... :/ What I really liked though about Sedona Lace was their customer service. All I ever had to do was message them on FB - I got prompt replies on all my queeries. Also, the people working for Sedona Lace are very friendly.
The packaging was impressive - everything was neatly secured in a bubble wrap. I apologize for not having pictures of it. I was just too eager to open and start playing with my new palette.
Now that I had it for months and as you might notice from the pictures my palette is very abused and used. xD I have been using it whenever I go out and haven't really bought any eyeshadow since I got it. I attribute that to the fact that I'm not an eyeshadow fan and the palette is just so AMAZING because it pretty much provides everything I need. Yes, it did not disappoint and still lives up to my expectations up to now!
- The colors are amazing. I often read people say some of the colors are repetitive. I don't think they are. Some of the colors are matte while others are metallic and some shimmery.
- The colors are very pigmented! The color payoff is wonderful (I originally put amazing here too. LOL!).
- A little goes along way with these eyeshadows and all the colors especially the sheer ones are buildable.
- The price! It's only $28.95 and you may use promo codes to further reduce the price I.E. TheRealKingBob for $4.00 off your purchase.
- The packaging is efficient. It has a ribbon so that you can pull to take the pallets out.
- The colors when blended don't turn into an ugly hue. :/ My sister used to have another palette from another online company in which the black kept turning blue when blended.
- The pallet is efficient. No need for other eyeshadows for highlighting and whatnot. The color range provides the user with a wide choices.
- The colors/pigments keep sticking to the black case as you can see from the pictures. :/
- They don't have resellers in my country although they ship worldwide. I still say it's easier to buy from a reseller because I get extremely impatient waiting for the courier.
See... The Black case is dirty but that's because I always use it! :)
So colorful!!! I know it looks abused but really... I've been
using it a lot.
close up :3
Swatches of the colors above. 2 swipes using fingers w/o a base
I know the Metallic blue should have come before the black one I don't
know why I swatched it that way either. LOL!
The marble eyeshadows are soooooo pretty! :3
No, the pigments aren't falling apart and all over.
My little sister played, poked and murdered some of the
Excuse the pigments all over the case, but I still think
this is one very beautiful pallete.
Random Swatches. I assure you, these look better in person. The camera
is not doing justice to how pigmented the colors are..
Ok, ok.. I'm still learning how to do eyemakeup but
these are some looks I did with it.
Overall, I'm very satisfied and happy with my pallet, while I usually buy other makeup items I don't think I'll be buying another eyeshadow for a while.
Sedona Lace hosts a contests weekly on Twitter - @sedonalace
Facebook fan page - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sedona-Lace/119334004766579 - for updates and more contests.
P.S: Kabukis are only $12.95 right now on their site. Is there anyone in the Philippines who wants to order? xD I have been lemming for the Midnight Lace kabuki brush because it's so pruuutttyyyy!!! :3