Monday, November 26, 2012

MAC Styleseeker - Powder Blush in Hidden Treasure

I wanted to try a Red blush as I don't have any in my collection. I thought Fall would be a good time to try one out so I was looking for a Red blush when came across this at a MAC counter. 

Hidden Treasure is a part of the Styleseeker collection. 


Described as a "rich burnt red". The colour may look a bit intimidating and scary in the pan but can be sheered and blended out with a good blush brush. I use my NARS Yachiyo to apply it, because it makes my life easier when I do.

I would agree that the colour is rich and kind of a red brick colour with a little bit of golden sheen.

Satin/velvet finish. The texture is a bit on the dry side.
The blush does not have shimmer nor sheen when applied but still gives a little dimension on the skin and does not look flat as can be seen from the swatches below.

Left heavily swatched. Right partially blended. The blush can still be sheered out. I opted to apply it heavily to show the colour of the blush.

The blush will work on warmer skin tones. I have tried it on my friend who has darker skin tone and it looked stunning on her. On lighter skin tones, it may look harsh and a bit scary when applied heavily, a light hand and a good brush blush is needed.

The colour payoff is great. However, the dry texture of the blush can make the application a bit tricky.

This blush does not last as long as I would want it to, but it does a decent job.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3