Monday, September 17, 2012

NARS Kabuki Yachiyo Brush

"Inspired by traditional Japanese beauty rituals Kabuki Theather, the Kabuki Artisan Brushes meld heritage with modernity, in both concept and function. The multi-functional design of the Kabuki Yachiyo Brush, with its tapered dome head, makes it excellent for defining cheekbones, highlighting the complexion, and blending and diffusing color on or around the eye area."

I originally wanted to buy the whole 2011 NARS Holiday brush set. Due to my laziness however, I've never gotten around to doing it. I did not think anyone would buy the last set, really.. I always thought that the set would wait for me... I now realize that I am wrong and I regret not purchasing it when I had a chance to. ( I hope NARS releases a new Kabuki brush set this Holiday. Hohoho! :P I will surely purchase when they do.)


The curious shape was what got me interested in this brush. I find that while it is the lightest of all the brushes I have, it applies blushes and highlighters with utmost precision. And it's feather-like weight actually helps in the application of products as it just glides on the surface. The unique handle also allows the brush to be flexible to an extent which would help the used apply products with ease.

I have tried using small circular and sideway motions with this brush to see what works best when I use it. Both methods work well though. The tapered end allows a more precise application for highlight and contour products. 
One thing that is unique with this brush is the handle, which is made from hand-spun wisteria.
Google told me that wisteria is a vine. I have not seen one, but it seems to be very durable. One concern I had was how it would hold out after washing, because I was afraid of ruining the brush. I have had this for months now and I can say, that fall out is minimal. I did not experience any bleeding too. Of course I try not to get the handle wet if I could get away with it.

Bristles are made from Pen Super Goat hairs.
I have no idea what a super goat is, but upon Googling it I found a site that said that is deemed most effective for powder pick up and deposit on the skin.
The bristles soft but are not the softest that I have encountered, it is soft enough not to irritate my skin nor feel scratchy. The brush as I have previously stated pick up the right amount of product every time I use it. This works well especially with pigmented products that are hard to sheer out. Everyone who has this brush will tell you that it picks up the right of product every time and while I was skeptical about it, I was surprised to find out that it is indeed true!
This brush is also effective in applying highlighters to the face as it sheers it out to an almost natural finish with a healthy sheen, effectively eliminating the dreaded disco ball effect. LOL! x)
I haven't tried to use this to blend out eyeshadows as I find the head a bit too big to work around my tiny eye area. I can say thought that this can also be used to apply finishing powder to the t-zone and specific areas of the face.

The only downside to this brush is the price. Yes, it's an investment but I would say that it is definitely worth it. If I had to, I would re-purchase the brush again. I actually wouldn't mind buying a set with another Yachiyo brush in it. If you are looking for a good cheek and highlighter brush and have the money to spend do try this brush out. I highly recommend it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I love getting comments! :3